FC2 Support

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue Feb 22 18:04:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
> On Monday 21 February 2005 18:00, David Curry wrote:
>> A few days ago, I downloaded of the official release srpm isos and all
>> update srpms on a mirror site in Virginia, thinking that I might build
>> some cd isos containing a complete set of the final official fedora core
>> 2 rpms.  This would be a learning experience for me and essentially
>> provide a set of reinstallation CDs for my system as it now stands.  I'm
>> sure some time would pass before the task is completed.
>
>> The question arises, though, Is this something  that Fedora Legacy
>> Project does at the onset of picking up support for a FC release?
>
> I've never heard of it. I know that CERN (?) used to build ISOs for Red Hat
> 7.3 plus the updates du jour, calling the result "Red Hat Linux 7.3.4" and
> things like that.
>
> But, aside from them, I've never heard of such a thing.

Well, we have also done something like this -- it's actually quite
trivial after you get to learn how the ISOs are built.  But because
the updates are constantly appearing, we just install the system using
FTP from the tree which has been modified to include all the latest
RPMs.  Much easier than constantly creating and updating ISOs.