zlib updates fix apt segmentation fault on FC1

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Thu Feb 24 14:37:02 UTC 2005

Hi all. I have 2 Fedora Core 1 installs on this machine. One has apt from
planetccrma as I use their music software. On this one I just added the
Fedora Legacy URL's to the apt sources.list and it works fine. The other FC1
install I use for testing stuff and installed apt from Fedora Lecacy. Apt-get
hit all the url's ok, downloading updates to the package lists, but then
segfaulted before "Reading Package Lists".  I installed yum then, which I
knew worked ok, and updated from that. But since the zlib and other updates
this morning, running apt again no longer produces segfaults. It reads the
package lists, builds the dependency tree...Done. I am presuming that the
updated zlib package has fixed this problem.
Thanks to all those working so hard on the updates. Nigel.

Both FC1 installs are using the kernel version 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl