Yum Problem

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri Jan 14 02:09:02 UTC 2005

Putty is my friend.

With an edit window on my local system and a putty shell into my target I then 'less' the script file.
Using the left mouse button, click-and-drag over the text of interest in the putty/less (putty/cat makes no difference).
This highlights text of interest.
In the edit window, start an insert/append, and left-click.  This pastes.

Very volatile copy clipboard: merely clicking from window to window, so even one character
(even an EOL character) is black (reverse video) changes what's in the clipboard.
It's a bit of an art.

Also, from the putty shell, on the remote,

scp script/file/path MyHost:/path/name

should give you a copy you can then locally edit/copy/paste.  Permissions may have you pulling your hair...

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

Brian T. Brunner writes:

> I'm going to assume you didn't cut&paste the actual contents of the file, as "fedoralecay.org" is at least a typo.

I am correcting these problems thru "Putty" as the servers are
based at a Data Center in the US. If you can tell me how to cut
and paste with this program then I can give what is required. I
am not much of a typist so the mistakes in spelling are my
typos.

> Another contributor asked whether you were cutting & pasting from the actual script file, there is a reason for doing so...  if your script  files have this typo, the problem might be trivial to solve.  If they don't have this typo, they might have a different one...

Let me assure you they are my typos mistakes

> Glad the first system sobered up so nicely!

Thanks it looked as the problem there was the resolv.conf

Regards,

 John Fox.