mach problems?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jan 21 23:59:37 UTC 2005

> Well, SHIT.  System doesn't seem to have survived.  Not just 1, but
> TWO
> of the SCSI disks no longer spin up, thus trashing the array.
>
> So, I can get replacement disks I'm pretty sure, however we may be out
> few more days on the 'official' build server.

Well I've got great news!

Not only was I able to secure two replacement disks w/out any out of
pocket expenses, the two disks I lost just so happen to be the two disks
I _could_ lose since I'm using RAID 10 (two RAID 1 arrays with a RAID 0
strip between them for one file system).

The arrays are happily rebuilding themselves right now and all the data
appears to be there!

I hope to have the server racked and back in action by Monday the 24th.
Sorry all for the delay.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: