Problems with SSL certificate in httpd-2.0.40-21.17.legacy

Andres Adrover Kvamsdal listas at andreso.net
Mon Jul 4 09:42:27 UTC 2005

> First question.  Is httpd-2.0.40-21.17.legacy buggy so that SSL
> certificates no longer work or have I broken something with the routing
> hell I have set up.

Stupid mistake.  The company for which I did the installation did not
bother to pay for a SSL certificate but generated their own.  This
little fact makes this post completely off topic.

> Second Question.  Does anybody know what is going on with the long delay
>  before the server receives the request.  In other words, what kind of
> routing hell I have set up.
>
> Public IP 1 routes to private IP 1 which is defined by
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> Domain name points to Public IP 2 which is routed to private IP 2 which
> is an IP alias for the same server and is defined by
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1
>
> The server answers to both IP adresses and ssh works without any
> problems to Public IP 2.

Ok, now I have reestablished the situation to what it was originally.
Public IP 2 is redirected to the original server which was on Private IP
2.  Web access is lightning fast again.

Web access to the Public IP 1 which is redirected by the firewall to the
server on Private IP 1 is slow.

As this is off topic could you please inform me of a mailing list where
such network problems could be on topic.

Andres