Wiki Permissions

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 20 18:32:24 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 12:40 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > Basically find out what the policy is on the new wiki site as far as
> > external
> > links, pointing to things that have legality/patent/etc issues, etc.
> >

> We cannot point to anything that is legally questionable.  Period.  My

Correct.  But we're not pointing, and we would remove anything there that
we knew was an issue.  Not sure if that qualifies though or not (removing
anything put there, rather than restricting what is put there).

> thoughts on 'contrib' was space given for packages to fulfill current
> Legacy bugzilla items.  Not 3rd party packages to extend/enhance and
> otherwise fall outside the spec of Fedora Legacy.

I don't see a need for what you are saying here.  The only need I see is
for packages which fall outside the spec of Fedora Legacy.

I think we (I and others) made it pretty clear the page was for stuff
outside of the FL scope.  And your reply to it seemed to me to be taken
in that spirit.  If that isn't your intend, then please clarify.

--
Eric Rostetter