Wiki Permissions

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 20 20:52:20 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> We didn't consume any project...  Warren from Fedora.us assisted us in
> some initial setup and helped me with some logics on how to set things
> up, but we are our own project and have been since day one.

According to our docs at

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/overview.php

Where we say things like:

"fedora.us will eventually become the Fedora Legacy project."

and:

"Extras will probably no longer exist at fedora.us for newer distributions
after being merged into fedora.redhat.com Extras around FC2 time."

One would kind of assume that The Fedora Project and The Fedora Legacy Project
have or will be taking over fedora.us.

If this isn't true, then we need to update those docs, which I've tried
to do to no avail in the past.

> I do not believe we can link to repos that have questionable content.
> Just not allowed.  We can link to Fedora Extras as packages there are
> pre-vetted.  Pretty much nowhere else though.

Does this apply to the FL web site, or just to things hosted by the
Fedora Project like the wiki?  That is, are we going to create a
policy for FL that is the same or similiar to Red Hat's and the
Fedora Project's policies?

> > What about putting an FAQ entry pointing to sites which do provide updated
> > packages for "legacy" os versions?  Would that be okay, and if so, should
> > I create it?
>
> See above.

I'd rather you explicitly state your answer, for the archives.  If this
is policy, or is to be policy, we need a clear, unabiguous statement of
it somewhere.

--
Eric Rostetter