Some Suggestions (Mirror Space, gaim, ethereal, etc)

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Jul 25 12:25:58 UTC 2005

Marc Deslauriers wrote:

>>Fedora Legacy can save time and effort by simply following the newer
>>Fedora Core releases on these packages when it is safe to upgrade
>>versions.  No review necessary, but perhaps some testing and ACK votes
>>to push.
>

> That's pretty much what we do already...ethereal, spamassassin and gaim
> are pretty much rebuilt with the latest FC release...
>
> Although it would be great just to be able to rebuild the packages
> without meddling with them. Would you be willing to integrate some more
> options in the FC gaim spec file to target FL releases?

You mean the existing options don't work?

# OPTION: perl integration (FC1+)
%define perl_integration        1
# OPTION: krb5 for Zephyr protocol (FC1+)
%define krb_integration         1
# OPTION: gtkspell integration (FC1+)
%define gtkspell_integration    1
# OPTION: Preferred Applications with gnome-open (FC1+)
%define gnome_open_integration  1
# OPTION: Evolution 1.5+ integration (FC3+)
%define evolution_integration   1
# OPTION: SILC integration (FC3+)
%define silc_integration        1

Just flip the booleans.  This spec should theoretically work with RH9+
with everything zero, FC1+ with the first four options one, and FC3+
with all options one.

(FC1's gnome-open was broken due to broken default config tools and
gconf schedule, so you might want to turn that off if Legacy hasn't
backported my control-center and gnome-vfs2 schema patch from FC2 like I
suggested a while ago.  Probably not worth it now though, because this
does nothing to help existing user profiles.)

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com