Move to Fedoraproject.org wiki

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Jul 29 19:52:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 15:46 -0400, James Kosin wrote:
> Everything is transfered...  Sorry, but I have a few suggestions.
> (a)  Put the QA stuff on a page with clearly numbered steps showing
> the process.  #1, #2, etc.

Care to take up this task?

> (b)  The QA Testing page should probably be renamed to maybe QA
> Procedure or a more appropriate name describing it's function.

Suggestions?

> (c)  What is the process for adding pages to the Legacy area?

Sign up for a wiki account, email me that account name so I can give you
write access to the Legacy/ space.  Edit the front page of Legacy/ and
follow examples of the other pages listed there.  You'll get a link that
allows you to create a new page.  Go to town.

> (d)  What sort of topics, etc.

Anything that you see fit to assisting people with
QA/Testing/Packaging/Using/etc....

> I've gotten into package management a
> little and managed to roll out several update (unofficially of
> course).  I primarily have a FC1 box that I try and keep up2date with
> RPMs.  Example, I could come up with a good page on the process of
> building an RPM for submission to QA.  Though packages that patch take
> one path and packages that re-build or upgrade version numbers should
> ideally take another path.

That sounds like a great page for review!

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: