changes are needed, we need keep moving

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Jun 2 06:35:49 UTC 2005

Folks,

The Fedora Legacy updates aren't progressing.  Something needs to
start happening.  Ideas?

My proposal:

  If one distribution version of a package has one VERIFY vote, all the
  versions will automatically be released after a timeout of XX (where
  I suggest XX is 2 weeks) from the first VERIFY -- except if someone
  identifies issues which require discussion or more work.

This is a tradeoff between quality, timeliness and actually delivering
the updates.  Because most of the folks worried about quality of the
updates are not actually doing much of testing, I don't see why we
should be stalling because folks seem to be using updates-testing
instead of updates.  If something breaks with the update, we'll just
fix it afterwards and say "well, you should have tested the update in
2 weeks and reported the problems".

(FWIW, the current "issues" list is:
http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist.html)