changes are needed, we need keep moving

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Thu Jun 2 13:12:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Pekka Savola wrote:

> The Fedora Legacy updates aren't progressing.  Something needs to start
> happening.  Ideas?
>
> My proposal:
>
> If one distribution version of a package has one VERIFY vote, all the
> versions will automatically be released after a timeout of XX (where
> I suggest XX is 2 weeks) from the first VERIFY -- except if someone
> identifies issues which require discussion or more work.

i'd still prefer that we released fixes for each OS as they passed the
verify bar, instead of waiting until all affected OSes have been QA'ed
before releasing any fix; that way, we don't release untested code, but
unpopular distros can't hold the popular ones to ransom.

but if that's unacceptable to the project as a whole, then pekka, your
proposal seems sensible to me.  two weeks seems like a good time.

--

   Tom Yates  -  http://www.teaparty.net