changes are needed, we need keep moving

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Jun 2 13:45:48 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Tom Yates wrote:
>> If one distribution version of a package has one VERIFY vote, all the
>> versions will automatically be released after a timeout of XX (where
>> I suggest XX is 2 weeks) from the first VERIFY -- except if someone
>> identifies issues which require discussion or more work.
>
> i'd still prefer that we released fixes for each OS as they passed the verify
> bar, instead of waiting until all affected OSes have been QA'ed before
> releasing any fix; that way, we don't release untested code, but unpopular
> distros can't hold the popular ones to ransom.

My problem with this approach is that I think it generates a LOT more
work for the FLSA release folks because there is more "churn".  For
example, each event of publishing an update needs a separate FLSA
advisory (or at least spamming all the mailing lists with an update to
it), they have to be moved to updates one by one, etc.

..