changes are needed, we need keep moving

Igor Nestorović jung at one.ekof.bg.ac.yu
Sun Jun 5 14:11:46 UTC 2005

If the present tactics show flaws, maybe we should take a look at how
other projects, like the i18n, are organized.

What about creating teams for each release? Such a team may be consisted
of a team leader and QA crew. QA crew may vary in number, depending on
avaliable and willing men.

Also, QA crew may split among themselves packages in types. For
instance, those in a position of testing network packages more seriously
(in server enviroments, say) are likely to to take on those packages,
and those using Legacy releases as desktops (home users, for instance)
may take on applications such as OpenOffice.org, mozilla, gaim etc.
Database packages should be left for those that actually use them, they
are the most competent to test them in an actual production. In
occasions when a crew member is unable to do his share, the team leader
can coordinate and delegate to some other avaliable member, who may
already finished his regular task.

Also, I think that constant and regular reminders about the Legacy
policy are needed, both here, on the web site and elsewhere that seems
fit, so people joining the project can be educated, and maybe wish to
contribute.

This is just a working idea. I thought, the problem is real, and any
proposal to a solution, however distant, may only contribute to its
solution. It cannot hurt, anyway.
--
Igor Nestorović
Home Page: http://jung.ekof.bg.ac.yu