bugs at fedoralegacy.org [Re: priorization and rhl73 server-only help [Re: changes are needed, we need keep moving]]

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 03:17:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 16:50 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 18:27 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > How about aliasing bugs@ to a new Mailman list
> > (fedora-legacy-bugs at redhat.com) so that A) people can subscribe to it
> > and B) it can be archived and later searched.
>
> Hrm, not sure why?  Bugzilla chatter is pretty lame, and I don't want
> discussion about bugs to happen on a different list than the main list
> or in the bug itself.

Easily solved.  Just set the Reply-To config field in Mailman to this
list (fedora-legacy-list at redhat.com) and the bugs@ list will be
read-only.

> History of a bug can be found on the bug itself, not in the email
> chatter from the bugzilla system.

That's part of the problem (IMHO), people aren't even seeing the
bugzilla system.  Perhaps having some of the bugzilla Q&A coming back to
this list will liven things up.

-Jim P.