Self-Introduction: Frederic Hermann

Frederic Hermann fhe-ml-sec at ferma.fr
Thu Jun 9 13:06:04 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I'm Frederic Hermann, I live in France (Grenoble), and I work as
Netadmin in Ferma SA, a company defined as "As a global provider of
solutions to launch value-added services" to telecom operators.

I have several Redhat 7.3 and Fedora Core 2 servers to manage (about
12),so I'm particulary interested in security packages for these 2
versions. I also still have one RH6.2, and 2 RH7.1 (and one
slackware...), but I hope to migrate them this summer.

I can test packages to be released,  and I'm also quite familiar with
rpm build&packaging process. I'm not a professionnal developer, but I'm
still able to debug some C, C++, or Java, if necessary. Of course, as a
Sysadmin, I'm used to write and read shell & perl scripts, and to
configure typical internet services (web, mail, ftp, ldap), mgt tools
(snmp, ntop, nagios), or  firewalls (but I know ipfilter better than
netfilter).

Beside Linux, I'm a casual Solaris admin, and a lazy WinNT one.

I've not been working on any opensource project, but I'm a professional
lurker, and you can find some tracks I left in google, in different
mailing list archives.

As you may have guessed, English is not my native language, so I may use
strange expressions from times to times.

Here's my gpg identity :

Key Info : pub 1024D/57CE41B2 2005-06-06 Frederic Hermann (0xA3C82E92 is
obsolete for long) <fhe-ml-sec at ferma.fr>
 Primary key fingerprint: 0492 EE54 AF81 9709 912F 93CF 2452 812A 57CE 41B2

Have a nice day,

Fred.