changes are still needed

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 21:25:39 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 23:33 +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 07:34 +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> >> OK, almost a week has passed since the last message on this thread.  I
> >> think we need to decide what to do.
> >>
> >> Specific suggestions?
> >
> > How about 2 Verifies for core/server packages and 1 Verify for
> > everything else?  Also, only 1 Verify would be needed for a core/server
> > package that is being re-released within a 3 month period.
>
> How do you define 'core/server packages'?

 1) any mandatory (based on rpm dependencies) package
       (i.e. krb5-libs, inetd, vi)
 2) any package that opens an external port <= 1024 by default
       (i.e. apache, named/bind9, openssh, etc)
 3) any package that potentially listens on an external port <= 1024
       (telnet-server, wsftp, etc)
 4) any package that is used for non-gui server administration
       (i.e. nslookup, dig, tcpdump, etc).
 5) any package that is a dependency of any of the above
       (i.e. openssl, etc)

-Jim P.