Yum did it again

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jun 24 03:16:48 UTC 2005

On Thursday 23 June 2005 14:59, seth vidal wrote:
>> It was asked about, several times, on the fedora list Seth, & you
>> even replied a couple of times asking for clarification.  And when
>> I did clarify that running 'yum update' had updated libxml2 stuff
>> and that had then broken yum, no further replies were forthcoming.
>
>on fedora-list? I'm not on fedora-list. It's been many many months
> since I've been on fedora-list.

This (the first time it happened) was maybe 2 months after FC2 final
came out, so its quite a ways back up the log and timed out & deleted
now.  You were around the list & moderately active on it then.

>> As far as fileing bugzilla reports, I long ago got tired of that
>> P.O.C. looping forever thru its database search and not letting me
>> into the editor to actually file a blow by blow.  Let me know when
>> bugzilla will let one enter a report, and then search its database
>> to see if what I'm entering is a duplicate of 'this report',
>> answer yes or no.  To attempt to navigate thru bugzilla's version
>> of pidgeon english looking for dups before it will let you at the
>> editor to file a report is very very frustrating.  Like you at
>> times, I have far better things to do with the remaining time I'm
>> allowed on this planet.  At 70, I've used up a good share of that
>> time already and bugzilla is a frustration I can do without very
>> easily...
>
>Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.

I should take another look I suppose, its been at least a year since I
last attacked that beast.  Maybe its been tamed a bit since?

>Good luck.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene