Can we get a zlib update?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Mar 1 22:26:59 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 17:22 -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> Simply because the new ClamAV requires version 1.2.1 and legacy only
> provides us 1.2.0.

Is Legacy shipping ClamAV?  Is it in any products we support?

> I built zlib-1.2.1.2-1.src.rpm from the FC3 repository and it's
> working well
> on FC1.   So 1.2.2 would be merrier - I don't see any lib
> compatibility
> problems in the changelog.

This is not what Legacy is here for.  We don't update just because we
can.  We backport security because it provides maximum stability.  If a
person wants a 3rd party software set that requires newer tools, they
can get the newer tools themselves and deal with the compatibility and
stability issues themselves.

-EWONTFIX

Was I helpful?  Let others know: