Can we get a zlib update?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Mar 2 07:46:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 21:32 -0500, Eric Wood wrote:
> Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
>
>  October 3rd, 2004
> " Version 1.2.2 eliminates a potential security vulnerability in zlib
> 1.2.1,
> so all users of 1.2.1 should upgrade immediately."
>
> I'm no expert to firmly disagree with you. With such a small
> changelog, why
> not go for 1.2.2 and be done with it in this special case?

I had not reviewed the changelog.  If zlib did the work for us, and the
only difference between our version and their version is the security
patches, then your software would work with our version no?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: