Which PC to try FC2 on first?

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Wed Mar 2 17:20:28 UTC 2005

beartooth wrote:
> So which machine would you try FC2 on first, and why? Or is a clean
> install the only way to get from FC1 to FC2 -- still? (I recall people
> here saying so when FC2 was newly out.) And in either case, how do I make
> sure when I get to the map machine that FC2 doesn't touch the XP part?

Anecdotal evidence to be sure, but I've got three machines I've upgraded
from various Red Hat releases through FC3, and they all work fine.  Of
course, I've been going one step at a time, but it shouldn't be a
problem to go straight from FC1 to FC3.

As for protecting Windows XP from Fedora Core 2, you have two options.
First, Google suggested this document: http://lwn.net/Articles/86835/
Second, I would expect (though I don't know for sure) that the problems
with the FC2 installer have been fixed in FC3.

--
Kelson Vibber