[FLSA-2005:2336] Updated kernel packages fix security issues

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 2 17:47:45 UTC 2005

> Thats bugtraq for ya.  They are very slow at times to approve postings.
> If this concerns you, please subscribe to the legacy-announce mailing
> list.

That's not quite the reason i asked, but I already am subscribed to
both.

The reason for asking is to better understand why BugTRAQ waited,
usually they do this pending some other data/info/contact for
verification/advanced-notification/etc.  I am (unfortunately) intimately
familiar with *TRAQ processes, delays, paper-work, proceedures.

I guess I could be more specific:  The reason I ask this is due to the
website being down a few weeks ago and nobody sent out anything to the
mailinglist during the days the outage was discussed on the mailinglist.
It took user interaction, with external folks (Verio, Vidyut, etc)
before anything was learned.  Was BugTRAQ waiting on anyone at FL prior
to releasing the notice to the wild?

-Jim P.