how to get started with helping the project [...]

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 20:36:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 15:18 -0500, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
> And Fedora Legacy Project was born to provide support to phased-out Red Hat
> Linux distributions and to-be-phased-out Fedora Core distributions, as Fedora
> Core's official support is very short.

So, why invest time and $$ in RH and/or Fedora if the phase-out process
is not treated as sincerely as the roll-out?

All I'm saying is this:  Put the truth on the website.  If FL isn't
meant to be relied upon, nor if it isn't meant to be used in production
systems, nor if it isn't suppose to be quality support for EOL'ed RH
systems... just put the truth on the website so that visitors have
correct data.

It seems to me that this following paragraph from the website should be
removed:

  "The goal of The Fedora Legacy Project is to work with the Linux
   community to provide security and critical bug fix errata packages
   for select End of Life Red Hat Linux and Fedora Core distributions.
   This will allow for a longer effective life for those releases."

After all, the above goes counter to a lot of the comments expressed
here today.  Notably the ones about "test it yourself" and "expecting
anything else is unrealisticaly wrong."

-Jim P.