how to get started with helping the project [...]

Brian T. Brunner brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
Fri Mar 4 17:16:53 UTC 2005

To understand Jim, mark the difference between the tree-shaker
(e.g. Jim and myself) and the jelly-maker (the patient, persistent contributors
to the FL project).  Tree-shakers are good for criticism, some of it quite
thoughtful and poignant.  Jelly-makers do the implementation with
care for the details.

My recognition of the difference between the two is why I've been (mostly) quiet on this list.

The key for discerning is the lack of the "how about if I join and help by doing..."

Brian Brunner
brian.t.brunner at gai-tronics.com
(610)796-5838

Quoting Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com>:

> On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 08:54 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> > What exactly do you expect us to accomplish is two days?
>
> Some discussion about the message not the delivery.

I've tried.  You keep moving the conversation off topic with new arguments
about all kinds of different things.

> I did ask for better documentation about the processes and procedures,
> and not just better docs but more clarification so that more people can
> actually do things to help out.

Okay, you want "better documentation about the process and procedures" but
I really don't know what that means.  Can you define what you mean in
simple, bullet type style?

I'm confused how you separate "better docs" from "more clarification so
that more people can actually do things to help out."  The point of
better docs would be to clarify things, no?

> -Jim P.

You seem determined to thwart any progress on the issues you have raised.
I simply don't understand your tactics.

--
Eric Rostetter