how to get started with helping the project [...]

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Mar 5 20:28:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 19:25 +0100, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> There should be a small team (the "very very select few" you
> mentioned)
> which then prepares packages, to be released for testing at
> coordinated
> disclosure time (CDT). When CDT has come, FL releases advisory to the
> usual channels (Bugtraq, FL-announce) and releases the prepared
> packages
> for testing. When at CDT+3days no showstoppers have appeared, the
> packages are declared fully released. So people can judge for
> themselves
> (only THEY know THEIR risk level and exposure) wether they go quickly
> with the test packages, or wait for the CDT+3days "they are OK"
> declaration.

This idea is good, and goes along w/ my thoughts except for a couple
things.

1) we can't announce testing packages to Bugtraq, and I'd rather not do
it to Fedora Legacy Announce either.  These are reserved for released
packages.  But we will announce to Fedora Legacy List when we have a new
package for testing, just as we do now.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (http://www.fedoralegacy.org)