Questions about creating RPMs

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Mar 7 23:46:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 04:22:24PM -0700, dan wrote:

> >> I've been doing this by hand for a bit now,
> >> and it's a lot of work.  Surely there's a simplified way.
>
> Yea, I do that, as well.  But I've never been able to make one from
> scratch.

rpm-spec-mode.el, at least a version which is used in the current
FC releases, will write you a skeleton spec file from scratch if
you are starting with something which does not exist.

You can use that with earlier emacs versions even if it comes
in emacs-el-21.3-21.FC3 package (.elc in emacs-common-21.3-21.FC3
but you may prefer to ask _your_ emacs to compile it even if
you want to bother with that; with current machines startup time
savings are negligible).

   Michal