About Fedora Legacy's WikiSite

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Mar 12 03:48:29 UTC 2005

Quoting Barbara Pennacchi <barbara.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it>:

> I forgot who's the guy in charge of the abovesaid wikisite's
> configuration, so forgive me for writing to the whole mailing list.

Jesse, as far as I know.

> Please take a look at version 17 of SelfIntroduction page. The e-diots are
> getting nastier. And I'm getting tired of this pingpong-like game.
> Maybe it's about time to tighten up a bit access to the editing of
> wikisite? :(

I'm not sure we can.  I'd be in favor of it requiring a password in
addition to a username, but that's just because I'm worried that without
that someone can login with my wiki username and make changes in my name
without my knowledge and make me look bad...

In another project I work on, using different wiki software, each wiki
change is e-mailed to the core developers.  That way the core developers
immediately see any changes, and can "immediately" fix any spam attacks,
bogus entries, etc.  Sounds like that would be a lot of e-mail traffic
but it really isn't (wiki pages are not updated as often as one would
think).   Not sure if the is possible with the FL wiki or not,
but if so I'd volunteer to be one of the wiki "police" as I'm sure a few
others would.

> --
> | Barbara Pennacchi               barbara.pennacchi (at) istc.cnr.it |
> |                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
> |         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
> |                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
> |                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |

Eric Rostetter