mysql-server

Pettit, Paul ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Tue Mar 29 17:11:17 UTC 2005

> Did anyone else experience any mysql servers not restarting themselves
> properly, after the mysql-server upgrade last night, and having to
> manually restart mysqld?
>
> Thanks
> -Joe

Yep, I had two mySQL services choke after the updates. Doing a manual
restart did the trick and all was well.

One thing I'd like to point out. Considering that many (all?) of us are
using the Fedora Legacy updates in an automatic mode, care should be
taken releasing an update for a major package on a holiday weekend. This
past Friday was Good Friday and though not an "official" holiday it is
common for many companies (mainly nonprofits) to take that day off. It's
also a prime day for people to take a day of vacation (if they aren't
already off). Releasing major updates on any major federal / religious
holiday is, IMHO, a bad idea. Releasing them on weekends can also be
just as bad.

Just some thoughts. Thanks all for the great work. :)

Paul Pettit
CTO and IS Manager
Consistent Computer Bargains Inc.

I've heard it said that the proof of lunacy is when you repeat the same
steps expecting different results.  I say it's proof that you're a
Microsoft user. - comment by deshi777 on experts-exchange.com