mysql-server

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Wed Mar 30 01:39:30 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 17:12 -0600, Pettit, Paul wrote:
> Heh, well do you happen to know when the yum auto update runs? You are
> aware of the impact that FL's documentation has if you simply follow
> step 4 and make no other changes? It is FL's documentation after all so
> you should know that those using the yum auto update would update Friday
> MORNING at 4am or so (assuming that cron.daily is running per stock
> settings).

Oh, you were off on Friday. I understand now. I was under the impression
people had Monday off. Yes, btw, I know when yum auto update runs.

> Look, all I wanted to do was point out a particular situation. If the
> powers that be (i.e. you?) feel it's of no concern than so be it. Life
> goes on, we find work arounds, and things proceed in a (somewhat)
> orderly fasion. I hope that those "powers" take note but if not then oh
> well, at least I did my part and spoke up and no one can say "why did
> that update fail on Christmas!" We all know now that it's possible that
> an FL update will appear on Christmas Eve and should plan and program
> accordingly. :)

I didn't say it was of no concern. Actually, I think you're right about
being careful around holidays. We should try to not release official
updates near weekends and holidays. What does everyone think?

Marc.