mysql-server

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Wed Mar 30 17:17:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:25:24AM -0600, Pettit, Paul wrote:
> > David Rees wrote:
> >  ... add the following to root's
> > crontab:
> >
> > 0 7 * * 1,2,3,4,5 /etc/<somewhere>/yum.cron
> >

> Yeah that will work for now but dealing with holidays is a bit more
> tricky. Yum nor Crom really don't have any method for dealing with it

Sigh!  As it was sugested already you start your update script
with something of that sort

#!/bin/bash
today=$(date +%Y%m%d)

while read banned comment; do
  [ "$today" = "$banned" ] && exit 0
done < /usr/local/share/my_no_update_day_list
# now we are running yum or whatever else

and what you put on /usr/local/share/my_no_update_day_list is entirely
up to you and is really not possible for anybody else to know what
particular policies you may desire.

BTW - "1,2,3,4,5" above can be also written as "1-5" or "mon-fri" if
you prefer.  Once again - 'man 5 crontab'.

Can we stop all of that now?

   Michal