wiki broken?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Mar 31 17:17:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 10:50 -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> The wiki appears to be broken.  I can see the indexes, but clicking on
> page link returns something like:
>
> lib/WikiDB/backend/PearDB.php:32: Fatal[256]: Can't connect to
> database:
> wikidb_backend_mysql: fatal database error
>
>     * DB Error: unknown error
>     * ( [nativecode=Commands out of sync; You can't run this command
> now] **
> mysql://legwik:XXXXXXXX@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/legacywiki)
>
> Would be ironic if the last mysql update killed it *Grin*

No, that was me that killed it.  I had some issues on that server, dspam
was being used for spam filtering and had driven the load up to oh 80 or
so.  Corrupted its database files (which had grown to 800 megs or so in
size) so I had shut mysql down while I attempted to repair the db.
Eventually I killed off dspam and migrated to Spamassassin but I think I
needed to restart a few more things to get the wiki back in action.

On another note, I'm going to pursue the idea of using
fedoraproject.org's wiki space for Fedora Legacy.  Seems like a good
thing to do.  Any thoughts?

Was I helpful?  Let others know: