ACPI woes with 2.6.10-1.771_FC2.stk16

Filippos Klironomos presariod at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:07:28 UTC 2005

Hello list,

I have a Compaq Presario and have installed RH for sometime now with
ACPI working just fine. I upgraded to FC2 last year and compiled my
own version of the kernel with ACPI still working just fine.

Recently I upgraded to 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 with 16K stacks instead of the
8K so that the wireless driver can play along with 'ndiswrapper' but
ACPI does not play along anymore.

It more or less works but there are mysterious delays in the update
status of the battery for example. Or if I try ot change the
brightness of the screen I have to press the fn-f1 a couple of times
in order for the previous changes to take effect.

Anybody with similar problems?

Thanks,
Filippos