Getting help (was Re: FC2 quit connecting)

Michael Schout mschout at gkg.net
Mon May 16 05:54:31 UTC 2005

Jason Lim wrote:

> I actually think providing legacy updates for the FC releases is going to
> implode sooner or later, since there are not enough people to keep
> supporting so many releases as they come out and the release maintainers
> and others are going to burn out..

In my opinion, doing the per-release bug split that has been discussed
here before would help.  That way releases that do not have sufficient
interest or people working on them will not hold-up getting updates out
for other releases.  We could look at releases that do not show enough
interest (e.g.: no activity for the release in bugzilla for a long
time), and drop support for those releases if there is not sufficient
resources to maintain them.

> I think focusing on legacy for Redhat 9
> would make far more sense, and seems the main reason the majority are
> using FedoraLegacy.org anyway.

I don't know about that.  There are plenty of folks working on RHL7.3 as
well (myself included) :).  I have QA'd a number of RH9 and FC1 packages
over the past week *ONLY* becuase I needed to do it to get security
fixes for 7.3 released :).

Regards,
Michael Schout