installing redhat 7.2 on a SATA drive

RJ Bergeron rbergero at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:29:38 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, matt rosenthal2 <mer2.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now here is the problem.  I can not install and run RH 7.2 on the SATA
> drive because the kernel(2.4.?) that comes with my RH 7.2 disks does
> not support SATA.  The dell does not have any legacy mode to support
> the SATA drives over PATA so I can not install and then upgrade the
> kernel.  Is there a way to create RH 7.2 install disks with the 2.6
> kernel or can anyone help me out otherwise?
Have you tried creating them with the fedora core 1 kernel? That's 2.4
and has some SATA support... That way anaconda has a chance of
running..

This list is really only for dealing with security updates, BTW ;)
(Though I'm not entirely sure where this discussion *could* go. Have
you tried a local LUG?)

rj