Fedora Legacy / FC2 / apt problem

Daniel Qarras dqarras at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 13:47:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

> > One thing that might be updated is the "Origin:
> > Fedora" string; I think Fedora Legacy would be
> better
> > description. Does not matter really, but in apt's
> > preferences file the entry Fedora looks a bit
> strange
> > alongside with Fedora Core and Fedora Extras.
>
> If I make this change, how would it effect other
> people's existing setup?

Well, those setups would be broken, that's all :) But
given that apt just started working for FC2 on
Saturday, I presume there's not a lot of them who
would suffer. If this is not acceptable, then perhaps
this change could be done when FC3 is coming to
Legacy. I'm of course fully ok if this is left
unchanged but the proposed new form is a bit more
self-explanatory..

Thanks,
Dan.