Updates Politics Proposal

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed May 25 23:01:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 18:57 -0400, David Curry wrote:
> Before gravitating elsewhere, though, I will offer an opinion.
> Unless
> there is a restrictive covenent in Red Hat's support of Fedora Legacy
> that limits updates to "security" and "trivial" patches, there is
> reason
> to consider broadening "updates policy" somewhat beyond security
> only.
> Fedora Legacy updates policy and willingness of the community to
> support
> Fedora Legacy are not independent of one another.   However the issue
> is
> resolved I wish the group well.

A) more man power is needed

B) more things can break, and thats not acceptable to the people who are
using Fedora / Red Hat in a longer term than what Red Hat itself
supports.

If you need an OS that has a long life span and gets some feature and
non-security bugfixing over time, please look at Red Hat Enterprise
Linux or the plethora of free rebuilds of it.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: