Linux in Government: Optimizing Desktop Performance, Part III | Linux Journal

Tom Adelstein adelste at yahoo.com
Tue May 31 14:51:00 UTC 2005

If you received this, the explanation didn't make it into the body of the message.

This is the third installment of the series.

In this particular article, we discuss Boot-Up Management and a graphical manager for Ubuntu and Fedora Core 3.

By adding the Boot-Up Manager to Ubuntu, you'll have extensive control over the performance of your OS. You'll also know which services to disable.

With Fedora, you'll have an idea which services to disable and you'll see the boot up manager which Fedora calls their services manager.

In my estimation, this article could provide you with information to create serious performance gains.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8322