Apt pkglist not updated?

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Mon Nov 14 17:33:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 05:04:21PM +0100, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
> I believe some time ago a lot of repositories discontinued apt
> support (by not generating apt metadata anymore),

One of reasons may be that apt is hopelessly broken in a multilib
situation and for a long time nobody appeared to propose fixes.  At
least I am not aware of any.  This is not likely important for now
for most "legacy" installations but with a spread of x86_64 and
similar it is surely already essential for servers.

   Michal