Buglist: a new 'DEFER' keyword?

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Wed Nov 16 05:21:52 UTC 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Remember, the buglist is at:
> http://www.netcore.fi/pekkas/buglist.html

Thanks for the reminder of of our projects list, and for the work of
keeping it up to date.  It's a big help!

> Also, I propose adding a new keyword 'DEFER', which could be used for
> packages for the report is basically a minor security issue, bugfix or
> the like.  Something which might (or might not) be addressed the next
> time we have other reasons to create that particular package, but it
> doesn't make sense to roll an update just to fix that and can't be
> closed outright as WONTFIX.
>
> The reason for this is that such bugs can be sorted in a different
> category in the buglist, and it might be easier to spot more important
> work items.

I think this is a fine idea, Pekka.  It cannot hurt to try it, for sure.

Is it the Status Whiteboard field on Bugzilla that you propose this
keyword go into?  Or would it go into Bugzilla's keyword field?
  (<https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describekeywords.cgi>)

Another alternative is to create a "tracking" bug in which to list all
bugs in this category.  However, I don't know if creating a tracking bug
would really prove to be helpful or not in the context you are thinking
of using it, Pekka.

> This category could include bugs such as:
>
> 121734    	  	 2005-10-31   	 sec   	 nor   	 ASSI   	 nss_ldap   	    	 openssl kills pam_ldap with SIGSEGV in err_cmp when authenticating against ldaps://
> 134550 		2005-10-31 	nor 	nor 	NEW 	kernel 		Networking does not work on Dell Inspiron 1150

	-David