glibc update

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:11:42 UTC 2005

I installed glibc-2.2.5-44.legacy.6 on a production NFS server and clients and I
started getting locking timeouts accessing shared files (mail spool) on the
server.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I looked at the patches and I didn't
see why they would affect NFS locking.  However, I rolled back the update and
the errors seem to have gone away.  But it could just be that the server is not
as heavily used today.  I was also getting problems accessing shared files from
the clients, especially the UW-IMAP server.  Should I try recompiling UW-IMAP
against the new glibc?
Thanks,
John