Upcoming transition of FC3

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Oct 23 15:25:00 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 22, 2005 at 01:20:44PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) wrote:
> >
> >Why would anyone who has updates enabled not want legacy updates to be
> >enabled?
>
> From my perspective, I want to know *who* the updates are coming from.
>  In the case of Redhat updates, I know that there are ISO-9001
> procedures and policies in place

Fedora has no ISO-9001 certification. The extras reporsitory which is
enabled by default is the best example.

I'd argue that if Fedora's policy is to have the typical Fedora
installation default to enabled extras, then it should use legacy by
default, too.

My model of choice would be to have FL support from the the very first
day a distribution gets released. The repo would be empty until FL
takes over. No need for any package pushing to users and so on. The
actual takeover would be the filling of the repo with FL updated
packages.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net