Upcoming transition of FC3

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Oct 24 19:17:30 UTC 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Michal Jaegermann <michal at harddata.com>:
>
>> People who care about such things can disable that easily
>> enough.
>>

> If they do their due dillegence and notice that we've changed things
> on them with a package upgrade without their permission.  Which
> hopefully
> they will, but we can't guarantee that they will.

Eric, in the case of our repo included with Fedora Core - this isn't
happening with a package upgrade without the user's knowledge.  It
will be a separate 'fedora-legacy' package they need to install (I'm
not sure if it will get installed by default on FC5, but I think that
would be nice).  This is similar to how Fedora Extras has its repo
enabled by default on all FC4 machines.  It's just something that
admins need to be aware of, if they don't like it, they can disable/
remove the repo.

-Jeff