glibc-common-2.2.5-44.legacy.6 update

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 30 23:38:10 UTC 2005

Is there a way for us to develop packages that don't require updating
ALL the files in a package?  For instance, in the latest glibc-common
update only a few lines of source code changed.  Yet on my test system I
see a hundred files (mostly locale files) that are reported as being
changed by tripwire, but probably didn't really require a change from
the ones in the earlier package.  Is this a nuisance that we could
prevent if we only released packages that were built on a common build
system?

Just looking for more insight into keeping things consistent. ;-)

-Jim P.