[FC1] James' Updates

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Wed Sep 7 22:44:22 UTC 2005

Everyone,

REMEMBER:
~    (1)  My updates are not supported by anyone other than me or the
original group that is currently developing the software.
~    (2)  Fedora-Legacy, Fedora and other groups are not supporting
these updates.  Don't complain to them about my updates!!!  They
usually won't know what you are talking about.
~    (3) If I tell of a kernel update!  DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR OLD
KERNEL.  Keeping an old kernel that works installed is kinda like
having a bootable floppy that works, if something breaks you still
have a good system.
~    (4) Please let me know if you would like to see any other
updates.  Right now, I can't do a lot of updates but, I'm willing to
add as long as everyone knows I'm only one person.
~    (5) MY UPDATES HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH FC1 !!!  If you want to
try them on FC2, RedHat 7.3 etc you are welcome to try, but I can't
help with any problems...  I just don't have the time.

SAMBA 3.0.20
- ------------
I applied the latest patch to fix the RPC fault with XP clients and
the patch for fixing users with permission to modify domain and group
attributes.  You can get more information at
http://samba.org/samba/patches/ .

I am also having to limit the patches to the samba releases I post to
once a week.  For a while I was changing on almost an every other day
event.

SOURCES
- -------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/samba-3.0.20-5.fc1.src.rpm

BINARIES
- --------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-3.0.20-5.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-client-3.0.20-5.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-common-3.0.20-5.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-swat-3.0.20-5.fc1.i386.rpm

SpamAssassin 3.0.4
- ------------------
I've managed to download and get the sources to compile for FC1 for
the latest release of SpamAssassin.  I don't personally use
SpamAssassin; so, please let me know if there are any issues.  Only
one document for README.spamd did not make it to the release.  Mostly
because they renamed the document to README in the sources and this
conflicts with the README in the top level directory.  I will try to
get a fix for this later, if needed.

SOURCES
- -------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/spamassassin-3.0.4-0.fc1.src.rpm

BINARIES
- --------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/spamassassin-3.0.4-0.fc1.i386.rpm

All of my binary packages are signed.....
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/RPM-GPG-KEY-JAMES

The SHA1 Sums for the binaries are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sha1sum.txt
The SHA1 Sums for the source files are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/sha1sum.txt

I run a YUM server for FC1.... you can also point your updates to
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386
BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT!

Thanks
James Kosin