[FC1] James' Updates

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Fri Sep 9 20:53:36 UTC 2005

James Kosin wrote:

| Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
|
| | On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, HaJo Schatz wrote:
| |
| |> James, I truly appreciate your efforts to get latest versions of
| |> critical packages out.
| |>
| |> However,
| |> [...]
| |>
| |> [...]
| |>
| |> I'd suggest you have a look at Axel Thimm's atrpms archive. He has
| |> quite a few packages up-to-date for legacy RH/Fedora releases.
| |> Among them, he has released SA 3.0.4 quite a long time ago. Might
| |> save you some time for other packages ;-)
| |
| |
| | That Spamassassin doesn't work on FC1. Tried it, bombed with a bunch
| | of incompatibility errors. However...
| |
| | James, when I restart spamassassin in /etc/rc.d/init.d, I get:
| |
| | Starting spamd: The -a option has been removed. Please look at the
| | use_auto_whitelist config option instead.          [ FAILED]
| |
| | I don't see a "-a" option in my /etc/rc.d/init.d/spamassassin file.
| | Any ideas?
| |
| |

| |
| | Gilbert
| Sebenste                                                    | ********
| | (My opinions
| only!)                                                 | ******
| | Staff Meteorologist, Northern Illinois
| | University                      ****
| | E-mail:
| | sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***
| | web:
| | http://weather.admin.niu.edu                                      **
| |

| I'll look into in when I get back!
| Got school now and lunch.
|
| James

I've got a version now with the document fixes.  I took the '-a'
option out of the /etc/sysconfig/spamassassin file; although, it is a
noreplace file in the install script meaning any settings will not be
touched when upgrading.

http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/spamassassin-3.0.4-1.fc1.i386.rpm

Let me know if the '-a' problem was the only one.  Or if you go with
ATrpms version....  kindly post any problems to them.  They have a
good bugzilla page.
I may be asking Axel later for submitting some of my packages to
him....  Like gcc / etc for use.  I haven't had time to install /
configure bugzilla for FC1 as of yet.

Thanks,
James Kosin

--