James' Updates

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Sep 13 22:48:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 10:38:34AM -0500, Gilbert Sebenste wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Axel Thimm wrote:
>
> >>Can you help me here? What can I put into my yum.conf file to
> >>point to it?
> >
> >Something like
> >
> >[atrpms]
> >name=Fedora Core 1 - i386 - ATrpms
> >baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc1-i386/atrpms/stable
>
> When I do this, is says dependencies are needed and won't update anything.
>
> conflict between fontconfig and fonts-hebrew:
>
> Package tix needs libitcl3.2.so, this is not available.
> Package tix needs libitk3.2.so, this is not available.
> Package tix needs itcl.so, this is not available.

you probably need to update yum first. Early yum versions would easily
mask existing packages under certain circumstances.

The dependencies are part of itcl, which is part of the stable repo:

apt-get install libitcl3.2.so
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Selecting itcl for 'libitcl3.2.so'
  XFree86-Mesa-libGL XFree86-libs XFree86-libs-data freetype itcl
  libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libttf2 tcl83 tk83
  XFree86-Mesa-libGL XFree86-libs XFree86-libs-data freetype itcl
  libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libttf2 tcl83 tk83
0 upgraded, 10 newly installed, 0 removed and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/6943kB of archives.
After unpacking 18.5MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net