Some Suggestions (Mirror Space, gaim, ethereal, etc)

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Thu Sep 22 02:21:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005, Warren Togami wrote:

> <<lots of quoting snipped>>

> (FC1's gnome-open was broken due to broken default config tools and
> gconf schedule, so you might want to turn that off if Legacy hasn't
> backported my control-center and gnome-vfs2 schema patch from FC2 like I
> suggested a while ago.  Probably not worth it now though, because this
> does nothing to help existing user profiles.)

Hey Warren,

As I just built some FC1 packages and wasn't aware of this -- can you fill
us in on or remind us of the suggestion you had about backporting the
control center and gnome-vfs2 schema patch from FC2?  I don't know whether
or not we did that.

Are you talking about /usr/bin/gnome-open in package libgnome-2.4.0-1?
Are there other .src.rpm packages you are talking about here, Warren?

When I type:
    $ gnome-open http://www.fedora.us/
a mozilla window opens to that web page.

	Regards,
	David