[FC1: Many...] James' Update Advisory

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Thu Sep 22 13:22:36 UTC 2005

Everyone,

REMEMBER:
~    (1)  My updates are not supported by anyone other than me or the
original group that is currently developing the software.
~    (2)  Fedora-Legacy, Fedora and other groups are not supporting
these updates.  Don't complain to them about my updates!!!  They
usually won't know what you are talking about.
~    (3) If I tell of a kernel update!  DO NOT GET RID OF YOUR OLD
KERNEL.  Keeping an old kernel that works installed is kinda like
having a bootable floppy that works, if something breaks you still
have a good system.
~    (4) Please let me know if you would like to see any other
updates.  Right now, I can't do a lot of updates but, I'm willing to
add as long as everyone knows I'm only one person.
~    (5) MY UPDATES HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED WITH FC1 !!!  If you want to
try them on FC2, RedHat 7.3 etc you are welcome to try, but I can't
help with any problems...  I just don't have the time.

Kernel 2.4.32-rc1
- ------------------
I've patched the vanilla kernel to 2.4.32-rc1 level and added the ia64
patch for the normal page_not_found error in region 5 (whatever that
means).  The kernel website is not exactly up to date on this... I think
the web people are on vacation or something.  Anyway, I patched these by
hand from the posted gilt diffs.
!!BE CAREFUL WITH UPDATING YOUR KERNEL!!

SOURCES
- -------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/kernel-2.4.30-2.4.fc1.vanilla.src.rpm

BINARIES
- --------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-doc-2.4.30-2.4.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-source-2.4.30-2.4.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-2.4.30-2.4.fc1.vanilla.i686.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-smp-2.4.30-2.4.fc1.vanilla.i686.rpm

SendMail 8.13.5
- ----------------
Sendmail.org released version 8.13.5 on 16-Sep-2005.  I've just got
around to updating the RPMs and etc for this.  The release notes are
here for those interested http://www.sendmail.org/8.13.5.html .

SOURCES
- -------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/sendmail-8.13.5-0.fc1.src.rpm

BINARIES
- --------
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-8.13.5-0.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-doc-8.13.5-0.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-devel-8.13.5-0.fc1.i386.rpm
*** MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT NEED TO UPGRADE THIS LAST PACKAGE ***
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sendmail-cf-8.13.5-0.fc1.i386.rpm

Please be sure to clean and rebuild all your config files for sendmail.
~ Easiest way is to go to /etc/mail and type:
~    make clean
~    mkdir backup
~    mv *.cf backup
~    make all

Ignore the error message about the .cf files.  The makefile is setup to
check the timestamps on the files and if the files are not there it
still  wants to copy / move the files that are not there when it goes to
build the files from the .mc files.

All of my binary packages are signed.....
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/RPM-GPG-KEY-JAMES

The SHA1 Sums for the binaries are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/sha1sum.txt
The SHA1 Sums for the source files are here:
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/sha1sum.txt

I run a YUM server for FC1.... you can also point your updates to
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386
BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT!

Thanks
James Kosin