Web-Page for James' Updates.

David Eisenstein deisenst at gtw.net
Fri Sep 30 05:14:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, James Kosin wrote:

> This may be easier than writing a long detailed email all the time.
> Everyone can get / see updates via my newly created web-page at
> ~    http://support.intcomgrp.com/~jkosin

Hi James,

I've looked at your page and like the page.  I guess I am one of the few
on this list who uses Fedora Core 1, but I like the idea that you're out
there publishing some updated (of course, unguaranteed, but updated)
packages that I can use on my FC1 install.  I run FC1 because I like it,
and because it's a pain to upgrade to a newer version every six months,
especially with a 56kbps Internet connection.

I think you've hit upon an optimal solution:  much shorter mail announce-
ments with pointers to your web-page.  Your long announcements confused me.

I would also encourage you, James, to consider also contributing some of
your time to the business of the Fedora Legacy project, by occasionally
diving into one of the Bugzilla bugs listed in our "to do" list and either
creating new packages or QA'ing exising ones.

If you need any help with that, let me know.

> For now; I'm open to comments on how to modify or make the page
> better.  I've never been very good at creating fancy pages.  I usually
> like to keep the pages simple.

Me too.  If it's readable and usable and works, I say, "Don't fix it."
Looks good to me.
				-David