1-2-3 out, time for FC2?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 5 20:25:16 UTC 2006

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 22:07, NARS wrote:
>
>>I think FC2 is still used by many people, I would suggest you consider
>>supporting FC2 for some more time if possible.
>

> Hi NARS,
>
> I believe the problem is caused by lack of enough manpower. Maybe, if you can
> round up some volunteers with time, machines and knowledge, FC2 might get
> extended support.
>
> If FC1 is still supported by Fedora Legacy (FL), it is b/c there are members
> of FL that volunteer time, machines and knowledge to make it happen.

I have volunteered some time for test if

(1) The changes can be "contained" so that they do not compromise
     my machine if they fail. IOW, there is a guaranteed backout
     which loses no information.

(2) I have the space on my disc (which is admittedly rather low).

So far, (1) has been a sticking point, I think.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.