FC3 (j)whois on .eu fails

Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet) nils at lemonbit.nl
Wed Apr 12 07:56:03 UTC 2006

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> This isn't quite a legacy-specific issue. The FC5 whois reacts the
> same way.
> Passing -h whois.eu on the command line works around this, just
> like your
> config file edit.

But Red Hat maintained packages will probably be updated, while the
legacy packages may not. The question is whether legacy should do
update the FL maintained package or say: "This has nothing to do with
security so we won't fix it". I believe some people on this least
agree this could be a slight security issue (at a stretch), i.e. when
whois is used for automated lookups.

Nils Breunese.